Thursday 20 February 2014

Just a little rminder about the Owu striker

Breaking News: OBJ leaves PDP, says he cannot stand a wanted criminal as zonal party leader in the South-West


 

The season of letters continued on January 11, 2014, Saturday, as a new document from Olusegun Obasanjo has leaked the web.
In the new message OBJ narrates about his decision to withdraw activites in the ruling party, PDP.
The photocopy of the letter dated January 7, 2014, originally published by Nigerian Tribune has been republished below:
See the full message below:



January 7, 2014

Alhaji Bamanga Tukur,
National Chairman,
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP
National Headquarters,
Wadate House, Abuja

Dear Chairman,
While I believe that a good and truly national political party must be a microcosm of the nation in its membership made up of all sorts of characters from near-saints to near-satan, I also believe that on no account should a known habitual criminal that is wanted abroad to face criminal that is wanted abroad to face criminal charges leveled against him should be extolled as a political leader in a respectable and wholesome nation-building political party.
Buruhi Kasharnu has been so extolled in PDP in South-West geo-political zone which I personally find unsavoury. Politics played by any national political party must have morality, decency, discipline, principles and leadership examples as cardinal practices of the Party. O have attached here recent documents that clearly indicated that your extolled PDP Zonal Leader in the South-West Zone of Nigeria and in indigene of Ogun State is, to say the least, not a credit to the Party as a member let along being a zonal leader.
Since I stack in my practice of party politics to the hallowed and cherished principles enunciated above, I take this opportunity to let you know that while I continue to remain a card-carrying member of PDP, I cannot and I will not subscribe to a wanted habitual criminal being installed as my zonal leader in the Party; a criminal for who extradition has been requested by the US Government, in the meantime, I will consider withdrawing my activity with PDP at Local, State, Zonal and national levels until the anomalous and shameful situation is corrected.
Thank you.
Yours sincerely,
Olusegun Obasanjo

No comments:

Careworldinspirational.com

My photo
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
We do the gossip, break the info and showcase the best, the ugly and fun about recent happenings

Konga.com